Friday, March 29, 2013

Paper Piecing at Polka Doodles!!

HI all and Happy Good Friday to you all!!! We spent the first part of the day with a wonderful friend and her family then we came and just chillled and watched a movie!!! I now have lots to do before I head off to my Mum's tomorrow so I will keep this short!!
Before I do tell you about todays' new challenge I would like to let you know about a wonderful NEW release at Polka Doodles!! I think it caters to all crafters and it is perfect for the ladies in our lives - I for one can't wait to colour them up.. My kids are now on school holidays for the next two weeks so I'm sure I'll be making the kids do some craft so that I can get these girls coloured up!!
***Fredericka - Mini CD collection
As well as this fabulous collection you can also get  an 8x8" paper pack plus 2 other new products for this collection which are all on the website:
Toppings - this is a pad of 20 sheets of A6 printed colour characters that can be cut with a die-cutting machine to make toppers etc
Colour Me - great for people who love to colour but dont like CD's or dont have a PC - 20 A6 sheets of black and white digis which they can colour themselves and die-cut.
8 x 8 papers - 160gsm, 12 designs x 3 sheets each
So head on over to the Polka Doodles store and check them out and all the other wonderful goodies you can buy!!
Now onto today's challenge - we would like to see your paper piecing!! Although this card looks simple I actually took forever to put it together cos I couldn't decide what papers to use!! I thought it would be good to use those little pieces of paper from my scrap stash but I have so many the choices were too many!!! I decided to do a different fold card for a bit of a change!!
 This is the view when it's closed. I used Meeshelle and Maxine from their Fairy Flutterfly  collections. I coloured them up with tria markers and the pants and flower on Meeshelle are paper pieced and on Maxine I have paper pieced her hair scrunchie, jumper and shorts! I then just used the eyelet border punch and added the purple cardstock behind it and punched out a scallop circle with the perfect sentiment for the images!! Then to finish off I added some purple doodle dew drops and the twine to tie the card up with!!

And these two views are when the card is open! I didn't do too much inside - just added a purple strip with some die cut flowers!!
I hope that you can join us this week at Polka Doodles with your paper pieced creations!!
Would like to wish you all a very Happy and safe Easter!!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Alethea, love the gorgeous card and beautiful paper piecing. Bought this selection and can't wait for it to arrive.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethea your card is gorgeous!! love how you color the girls and the colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alethea, just wanted to pop by and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my PD entry - it means a lot to me so thank you very much!
    I love the look of this new PD CD and it'll be going on my wish list. Gorgeous card which you've paper pieced beautifully hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!