Saturday, June 30, 2012

Time for Myself...

Something I don't get very often being a single mum... but today my boys aged 5 and 7 told me to sit down and relax and they would do the dishes and clean the house because I never get a break! It made me so proud, that I have bought up these two gorgeous, caring boys and makes me forget the times when I think I'm not doing such a great job!! Now I didn't really egt any time to myself cos there is always things to do but it really was the thought that counted!!! I love my boys to bits!!!
Today I have a card to share with you that wasn't for a DT!! Now I really love the DT's that I am on but sometimes it's nice to create something without a theme or a set image!! A boy I used to Nanny about 10 years ago turned 21 last week so I made this card for him.. mind you I still haven't sent it - hey it's the thought that counts!!
 I used last weeks Sketch saturday Sketch but because it's taken me so long to post this card on my blog I now can't enter it... I used Groove Dude from Kenny K and coloured him in with Tria markers and glitter pens. All the papers are from my scrap stash. The little guitars are from Tickled Pink stamps and to finish off the card I added punched out stars, buttons, raffia, and painted some chipboard numbers with black paint and covered them with crystal effects!! Hopefully Yai likes it - when he eventually gets it!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Anything Goes
* Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
* Moving Along with the Times - Happy Birthday
* Crafts and Me - Birthdays
* Stamps and Fun = CREATIVITY - Happy Birthday Blog Hop
* Celebrate the Occasion - Happy Birthday
* The Cutie Pie Challenge - One for the Boys

15 comments:

  1. Hi Alethea awwwww bless their sweet little souls don't ever think you are not doing a good enough job with your boys we all have to learn as we go along in the job of a parent there is no hand book to go by and it sounds to me as though you ain't doing to bad as long as you teach them what you feel is right you won't go far wrong
    this card is fantastic but I bet you felt really old when you thought about the times you Nannied him love all the detail and your colouring is perfect as ever have great wkd
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, thanks for playing @ CTO Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cute card! I keep my fingers crossed for you at the Blog Hop bei SFC.
    Liebe Grüße, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab fun card! Super image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma, Cutie Pie and MAWTT this time
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card hun, fab colours & image!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous creation just love it
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps to be in with a chance of winning my candy please ensure you are a follower and then good luck in the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely of your boys. I too love my boys to bits although they wouldn't thank me for saying that as they are 28 and 31 LOL xxx

    Your card is just fabulous I love the image and the lovely colours too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun image, really great masculine details! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Image for the men. I love the shading and color choices.
    We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning Alethea.I love the fabulous image and great papers and design.
    Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab Card. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Kate xxx
    Charisma Cardz DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card and colouring!! Thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just totally awesome. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card for 21 yr. old! They can be tough for me to do, you've inspired me! Love your image and the colors you used, nice! Thanx for playing along with us at CC&CC! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply beautiful.. Love the details.. good luck to win....

    So happy that you have joined us at SFC……….

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!