Monday, October 31, 2011

Exciting News to share!!!

You may have read yesterday's post that it was my last day as GDT member at the Digi Bell's and how sad I was!! Well that was a bit of a cover because guess what??? I was asked to stay on as permanent DT member and I only had to think for a nanosecond before accepting!!! I have had an absolute ball designing with Elisabeth Bell's Digi's and working alongside the Digi Bell's DT so I am SUPER EXCITED to be staying on!!! So thank you to Janiel and Lynda (and Elisabeth) and the rest of the DT for the opportunity...
I am also excited to share with you that I will be GDT member over at The Crafty Pad!! Deborah Moore emailed me and after me asking questions as to whether I had entered to be A GDT member or won a challenge, (LOL) I accepted. Deborah draws her own images and sells them in her digi store and I look forward to creating with some of her images!!!
Well besides all that exciting news I do have a creation to share with you and I am excited about that as well!! I have seen Book Cards around in the blogging world for awhile now and I finally sat down and made one the other day and I absolutely love what I created!!! My sister (who is my number one customer) asked me to make a wedding card (that would hold money) a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't too sure what I was going to do but when I started making the book card I thought it would be perfect for a wedding card! So after getting the approval I got creating and.... well you judge for yourself!! :)



I followed Tina's fantastic tutorial which you can find HERE and it worked perfectly!!. I think the pics speak for themselves!!! I coloured these images from Whiff of Joy - Willow with Champagne - an Elisabeth Bell image and Charlie 007 - an Alison Acton image  with tria markers and used glitter pens through the girls dress and in the champagne and martini glasses. All the papers are from Kaszazz which I distressed with walnut stain distress ink! I've stuck the images down with mounting foam and I've then added all the other embellishments - flowers, rhinestones and ribbon.I also used the Stampin Up eyelet border punch for the edges of the card!! And on the inside I used a Kaszazz Background stamp!!
I hope you like it as much as I do..
I am entering this into the following challenges:
* Emerald Faerie Garden - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
* Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything but a card (hope this qualifies)
* Creative Card Crew - FallĂ­n For You
* Creative Craft Challenges - Fancy Edges
* Deep Ocean Challenge - Sweet (mine take on this is sweet love)
* Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
* Crafts and Me - Use Blue
* More than Favours Wacky Wednesday - Anything Goes
* Paper Pretties - Embellish
* The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
* Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
* Simon says Stamp - Anything Goes
* Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Leath on your two new positions that is fantastic news. Your book card is so cute (even better in person) I love all the details and thank you for sharing the instructions are fantastic. I didnt even need to translate they are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, what a lot of work involved. Perfect for our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Oh, and this project is so gorgeous! AWESOME job!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congratulations! Fantastic project that I have to try today.
    Tons of hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations I am so pleased for you. You well deserve this as your work is amazing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful book-card, beautiful images and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! Wow!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stunning is this!!!!! what a fabulous job you have done!!! Im sure the happy couple will treasure it. Congratulations, too, on your permanent DT positions!!! they are lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it certainly gets my vote, it's just beautiful. The colours are fab too. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!